· The Historic Landmarks Program in Austin has been a successful investment in the tax base. Landmarks have helped stabilize and preserve entire neighborhoods as well as individual elements of our City’s history.
· The City Council has adopted a resolution that puts us on track for major improvements in the program and limits the financial outlay so that resources are focused where they are most needed.
· The success of the newly-structured program depends heavily on the participation of the school district as the largest collector of property taxes. Without AISD participation, the tools for historic preservation in Austin would be decimated.
· The partnership among the taxing jurisdictions has lasted nearly 40 years because the interests of all are served by common investments in preservation.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
* Copy This Password *
* Type Or Paste Password Here *
Copyright © 2008
Designed by Net Ingenuity.